Username: Password:

Author Topic: Anyone using Craigslist to make $$?  (Read 2500 times)

Yazir

• Reputation +0/-0
    • View Profile
Anyone using Craigslist to make $$?
« on: September 22, 2011, 01:28:11 PM »
A lot of people are using craigslist.  Does anyone know that how to make money using craigslist?  I have heard there are a lot of issues like ads not making it live, ghosting, flagged etc....   Just want to know thoughts on it...

Bremaine

• Reputation +2/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone using Craigslist to make $$?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2011, 03:40:34 AM »
I made money on craigslist by working on fiverr. What I did was post up to 3 ads per order. I got ghosted so I gave up on the gig. I might bring it back since I can now post with my accounts again. :)
Twitter - @Bremaine

Yazir

• Reputation +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2011, 10:29:26 AM »
I made money on craigslist by working on fiverr. What I did was post up to 3 ads per order. I got ghosted so I gave up on the gig. I might bring it back since I can now post with my accounts again. :)

Excatly I tried doing for someone some ads as well, but ads were ghosting and I didn't know how to get around it.  I tried a lot of stuff.  I was to be making $1.50 an ad but was taking lots of time to figuring out how to make them live which in the end wasn't worth it.  If somehow can figure out how to go around it, I thought $1.50 an ad was good and easy money...

User2

• Reputation +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2011, 10:47:23 PM »

Excatly I tried doing for someone some ads as well, but ads were ghosting and I didn't know how to get around it.  I tried a lot of stuff.  I was to be making $1.50 an ad but was taking lots of time to figuring out how to make them live which in the end wasn't worth it.  If somehow can figure out how to go around it, I thought $1.50 an ad was good and easy money...

A way around it is to use Proxies. Proxies change your IP ever so often, or so I've heard. Not sure if masking ones IP would work, but I've never tried. But yeah, proxies should work in making your ads not ghost.

Oh and warning, it is against Craigslists Terms of service to use proxies, so please do at your own risk.

Andrej

• Reputation +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2012, 03:58:44 PM »
No, but I've always wanted to. Might use it one of the next months.

gktime

• HIIIII
  • Reputation +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2012, 09:49:05 PM »

wait a second, how in the world did you use craigslist to make money on fiverr? did you advertise your fiverr services on craigslit? or vice versa?

Raderyx

• Reputation +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2012, 08:15:36 AM »
I sold some stuff on Craigslist before but that's the extent of it. I just sold all my used graphics cards that I don't need anymore. I don't think Craigslist is a liable way to make money to be honest.