Username: Password:

Author Topic: Google+ anyone use it?  (Read 4404 times)

Bremaine

• Reputation +2/-0
    • View Profile
Google+ anyone use it?
« on: September 23, 2011, 03:35:17 AM »
So Google+ came out a few weeks ago in beta form and it's now officially out for everyone. How are you guys enjoying Google+? I happen to really dig it and I hope to make it my main Social networking experience. Discuss Google+ here.
Twitter - @Bremaine

Yazir

• Reputation +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Google+ anyone use it?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2011, 10:36:11 AM »
I haven't tried it yet, I think it requires an invitation...?

User2

• Reputation +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2011, 10:55:33 PM »
I haven't tried it yet, I think it requires an invitation...?

Google opened it up a couple days ago, so you're free to sign in with your gmail account and get to sharing.

So far I really am enjoying it. It's seems to be faster, somehow sleeker and not as messy as facebook. I might actually switch over to it. haha!

Donny

• Reputation +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2011, 02:11:33 AM »
I use it on occasion yes. Now that it's open to everyone I'm trying to get my family, friends and anyone I can to join. I really enjoy the atmosphere and the design of the site. It isn't too much of a mess. ;)

Bad Bieber

• Reputation +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2011, 04:26:25 AM »
I tried to test it out, but it confused me greatly.  I couldn't figure out what was what, so I went back to Facebook.  A couple of my friends tried it and they too, switched back shortly after.

Clifford04

• Reputation +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2011, 06:52:04 AM »
It doesn't really matter if Google+ is better than Facebook, in terms of features or looks or anything. People won't switch just because it gives them a better way to do something they already do. People will switch if a) Facebook becomes annoying for them (low availability / bad UI changes / whatever) and b) if Google+ gives them something new to do.

I use both (and twitter too) because the two have different audiences and different dynamics - basically, I use Google+ as a Facebook for Twitter-folk, while I use Facebook for people I know from real-life. But it's all blurring.

chopper24

• Reputation +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2012, 05:31:55 PM »
I haven't actually done much with it yet. I've heard it's ok for marketing though nothing comapared to Facebook. It's more for family related business so it's hard to market products towards people which can be annoying.

knockout

• Reputation +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2012, 06:22:23 PM »
I tried to test it out, but it confused me greatly.  I couldn't figure out what was what, so I went back to Facebook.  A couple of my friends tried it and they too, switched back shortly after.

Moving from Facebook to Google+ is a big step as the interface is so different, as is the users. It's not that good for IM to be honest, but it's a good social network for talking to friends/family, what it's meant for :)

ak.47

• Reputation +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2012, 01:07:47 PM »
Yes , i tried google+ . But according to me google+ can't defeat facebook though it has better graphics as compared to facebook.

Rhys

• Reputation +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2012, 03:30:44 PM »
Google+ sucks.

No, really. The only good thing about Google+ is TubeHero.

AnneVenios

• Reputation +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2013, 10:15:38 AM »
Yes, it has some good features like circles and +1.

JoshSmith

• Reputation +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2013, 06:47:57 AM »
I do not use Google+ and really dont get why anyone does. It really isn't any special and noone that I know even uses it.

Shortie861

• Reputation +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2014, 11:51:37 PM »
I have a Google+ account myself, I got one when they started the beta stage, however I can not say that I have used it half as much as what I thought I would have done and even sometimes I do forget about it. It's a shame really that it did not take off as well as many had hoped because it does seem like it could have a lot of possibilities to be honest compared to it's rivals Facebook and Twitter.

Lancer

• Reputation +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2014, 12:24:18 AM »
The good part of Google plus is that you own an account once you create a Gmail account! It is a great system i use to get more traffic from Google searches with authoring, to promote my posts and discuss with a large audience!