Username: Password:

Author Topic: Why not set up your own fiverr clone site?  (Read 2707 times)

User2

• Reputation +0/-0
    • View Profile
Why not set up your own fiverr clone site?
« on: September 23, 2011, 10:33:57 PM »
I noticed a few talks about the fiverr clone sites here so I've decided to do a search for it on google. Since a lot of sites look nearly identicle to fiverr, I did a search for Fiverr clone script and this site came up:

http://www.fiverrscript.com/

Now I can't be too sure this is legit since there's no verisign or BBB or any type of credited business banners. So order at your own volition.

I may look into this further and see if the host of the site can get paid from having users (similar to fiverr where the site gets $1 seller gets $4.).

Bremaine

• Reputation +2/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Why not set up your own fiverr clone site?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 05:24:28 AM »
Yeah you could very well do it, but I think it'll end up being some kind of loss. Yeah it can work, but it'll never match fiverr. Most clone sites fail because they don't get enough traffic. 
Twitter - @Bremaine

ShereKhan

• Reputation +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2012, 08:55:14 PM »
Setting up Fiverr clone may be good idea. You only need to attract new users.

btr_wolf

• Reputation +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2012, 09:41:40 AM »
Setting up Fiverr clone may be good idea. You only need to attract new users.

That's the hardest part though - and if there is an established site like Fiverr, surely market share would make this VERY difficult?

Andrej

• Reputation +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2012, 04:04:03 PM »
You have to work hard to get the same trust as Fiverr, and there are so few of them that actually get popular.

Raderyx

• Reputation +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2012, 08:22:23 AM »
It's not worth it. If not a lot of users use your site, nobody new will come. There are plenty of alternatives with millions of people offering their services.

Shortie861

• Reputation +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2014, 03:15:05 PM »
It is an idea to ponder however with making a clone site of an already popular website it will have it's problems such as people would rather use something that has more to offer or something different to offer rather than just the same old. The best way to do something like this is to do something similar to Fiverr but have your own unique idea's to make it different that way more people may be more eager to want to join and use your website for their services.

Bev

• Reputation +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2014, 02:36:20 PM »
If I were going to set up my own Fiverr/gig type, I would not make it about SEO or social networking as there are many similar gig sites already.  I would have a Fiverr like site about a niche that I love and want to deal with on a daily basis.  That is really the only way to make money on any site, not just a gig site.  Love the niche that you are in.