Username: Password:

Author Topic: Is it wrong?  (Read 2403 times)

Bremaine

• Reputation +2/-0
    • View Profile
Is it wrong?
« on: June 21, 2011, 03:37:35 AM »
To spam a bunch of people with your ads through e-mail? I know it's something most people hate, but is it actually a good way to make sales and such? I was thinking about trying e-mail marketing, but I'm afraid people wont even bother with it, so in the end I'll end up wasting my time.
Twitter - @Bremaine

Chobokun

• Reputation +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Is it wrong?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 06:33:46 PM »
You can pull in some conversions with this method, but frankly theres a good chance you're going to be marked as a spammer and then the people who normally do click your links wont even see them because they'll be hitting the spam folder first.

If you do use this method, be sure to change your email. A lot.

Bremaine

• Reputation +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2011, 01:38:06 AM »
Thanks for the info. It's one of those things that I'd love to try, but I'm not going to get my hopes up that it'll work or anything like that. Oh well, I'll look for other ways to increase my traffic and such.
Twitter - @Bremaine

Shortie861

• Reputation +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2014, 12:08:19 PM »
Sending constant emails with your links and no real information as to who you are and what you offer can be a problem for you as people will see it as spam and flag you as a spammer. The best way to work towards sending emails for marketing is to try and build up a list of people that would like to receive emails from you, make the emails informative and let people know what you have to offer and who you are.

Bev

• Reputation +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2014, 09:58:43 AM »
It's wrong as in illegal, though morals or ethics have nothing to do with it.  And you could end up with both criminal and civil fines/penalties including prison time for mass spamming. And, this has really happened to some mass spammers, such as those who spammed millions.