Username: Password:

Author Topic: When does it become spam?  (Read 2499 times)

Andrej

• Reputation +1/-0
    • View Profile
When does it become spam?
« on: June 25, 2012, 04:13:00 PM »
When do you think email marketing turns into spam? I'm not sure about this myself.

excalibur

• Reputation +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: When does it become spam?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 05:29:25 PM »
you have to build your email db with (double)-optin for example, otherwise it will be spam.

Shole

• Reputation +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2012, 04:28:08 AM »
When its sent once every hour and it doesnt make any sense.

Rhys

• Reputation +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2012, 05:34:14 PM »
When its sent once every hour and it doesnt make any sense.

Lol, this made me laugh.  ::)

Yeah basically that.

gktime

• HIIIII
  • Reputation +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2012, 09:39:06 PM »
When it get's annoying! Haha, well it becomes spam if you are emailing like every day with news or something to someone who never requested to get emails.

Raderyx

• Reputation +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2012, 08:59:18 AM »
It becomes spam when you email more than one to each person. I guess people will see that as annoying and I would personally count that spam.

remonray

• Reputation +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2012, 03:55:25 AM »
If you mail 2 or more times in a single day and there is no way to unsubscribe to that.It will be spam for me but I don't know what are its real internatonal values.

Lord Roco

• Reputation +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2013, 03:24:58 AM »
I would keep the ideal ratings to be two per week. For instance, I get so much irked with unwanted emails filling up my box that I make it to a point to either move the emails to spam or unsubscribe if there are any option at all.

What needs to be guarded are your benefits and the interest of your client, mutually.

Shortie861

• Reputation +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2014, 11:48:43 PM »
Email marketing can become spam quite easily if people get too carried away with sending emails to their subscribers once they realise that their emails are working. I would say that an email to your subscribers around once or twice a week is more than enough and any more than that can become quite annoying. It's best to keep your emails to the point, informative and ensure that you have plenty of new stuff to add in so you are not repeating yourself. If you can keep your emails fresh then people will not mind receiving more than one a week.

Lancer

• Reputation +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2014, 08:07:41 PM »
There's a lot of factors that determine status of your email and getting them labelled as spam. Among them, if your email look spammy. Imagine you send email with email like azio1234ds@provider.com; it does not look natural, it seems it is generated by bots. Then, using popular services such as Gmail, Yahoo mail to send mails to more than 20 emails accounts look spammy; you're not a business!