Username: Password:

Author Topic: Php or Asp  (Read 3865 times)

remonray

• Reputation +0/-0
    • View Profile
Php or Asp
« on: August 25, 2012, 08:38:49 AM »
As we know both are server-side scripting language where php is open source software and asp was originated by microsoft.So,which do you prefer?php or asp while scripting your web page?
I haven't learned them so want to have basic idea which should I learn first.

Shortie861

• Reputation +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Php or Asp
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2014, 03:13:01 PM »
PHP I find it probably the easiest of the two myself. I remember when I first started to learn PHP I looked at it and thought it was going to be a right pain to work with. I was shocked once I started working with it to find it was not as bad as I initially thought it would be and it was only because someone offered to help me learn it at a pace to suit me to help me gain more knowledge on PHP.

I would definitely do some research on the two though if you can to see which one you may find suits you better. One that may suit me probably will not be as easy for you.

Lancer

• Reputation +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Php or Asp
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2014, 09:28:33 PM »
I learned PHP programming language and did not find a reason to complete with ASP! PHP has a wide community around and is used by most popular Content Management System. So, if you want to develop a plugin, a theme for WordPress, Joomla and so on... PHP is the best choice.