Username: Password:

Author Topic: What role does email lists play in affiliate marketing?  (Read 913 times)

Alysianndriah

• Reputation +0/-0
    • View Profile
What role does email lists play in affiliate marketing?
« on: August 07, 2014, 06:01:50 PM »
I was just reading online how it's important to build an email list if you are an affiliate marketer.  And, so far I have done just fine without one, making an occasional sale.  However, if this could actually help me earn more money, then I'm all for it.  I just don't want to lose time or money chasing subscribers as that seems like an indirect way to earn.  Why not just drive traffic to my blog posts and have them click on links? 

Bev

• Reputation +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: What role does email lists play in affiliate marketing?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2014, 10:01:10 AM »
The good thing about building an email list is how you will always own that list and have the right to contact them to promote whatever related affiliate programs you are into.  If you are just relying on your blog's traffic to get sales, then you are missing half of the sales you could be having with good email follow up.  The emails help soften up even the toughest buyers so they will spend more and also give you permission to email them about things going on at your site so they have a reason to return.  A very good thing, especially for someone who is busy and might have forgotten.