Username: Password:

Author Topic: Fiverr rip-offs  (Read 3498 times)

Bremaine

• Reputation +2/-0
    • View Profile
Fiverr rip-offs
« on: June 21, 2011, 03:47:35 AM »
Anyone use these fiverr like websites? I've joined up on a few, but I never got one single order. It's as if these sites are just for looks. I tried using uphype, but that too didn't get me sales. Is it because fiverr is more respected? Or that these sites don't get much traffic?
Twitter - @Bremaine

pakuma

• Reputation +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Fiverr rip-offs
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 09:07:29 PM »
Anyone use these fiverr like websites? I've joined up on a few, but I never got one single order. It's as if these sites are just for looks. I tried using uphype, but that too didn't get me sales. Is it because fiverr is more respected? Or that these sites don't get much traffic?

These shameless probably never will get you an order since they all just blatantly use the same script and end up going nowhere. I doubt they'll ever gain as much publicity as fiverr just because they don't have their act together.

Bremaine

• Reputation +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2011, 01:46:12 AM »
Yeah I agree. I never got a single message on Uhype, or uphype, forgot what it was called. I had a few forum posting gigs set up on there, but no hits at all. Each gig got like 300 or so views, so I don't know why I didn't get a nibble at least.

For now, it's just fiverr, if some site comes out that promises to make me money, I'll go over there as soon as possible. :)
Twitter - @Bremaine

Anna

• Reputation +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2011, 11:25:03 PM »
There seems to be many popping up here and there and it is getting annoying. These type of sites just use the code, simple as that, it's not a guarantee that it'll work. I really hope more actual working sites start popping up. 

Yazir

• Reputation +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2011, 01:15:02 PM »
fiverr is the original and most popular of these sites.  All other sites are like clone and seems like they have copied code and methodology of fiverr.  But they are no where close to fiverr.

ShereKhan

• Reputation +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2012, 08:57:10 PM »
Beware of Fiver clones. I also tried few and never get any results.

Andrej

• Reputation +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2012, 04:01:47 PM »
I've done it, got scammed big-time.

Raderyx

• Reputation +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2012, 09:17:49 AM »
Fiverr clones are always a bad idea. I've personally never done it before but my friend has and he got scammed big time. I guess they are just for looks.

remonray

• Reputation +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2012, 11:23:03 PM »
Fiverr should rename its name to fever generally for those who do not get any customers.I have never posted any offers in fiverr because alot are already hanging on fiverr with good reputation and feedbacks so why people will chose us.

Shortie861

• Reputation +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2014, 11:59:15 AM »
I am on fiverr myself and I just recently went back after a break due to illness and even though I was waiting a few days I started getting orders in pretty quickly. I think it really depends to be honest how unique your servies are and also what you offer that is better than others who offer similar. I wouldn't give up easily sometimes it can take a little while to see any orders but they will come :)

Bev

• Reputation +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2014, 06:34:32 PM »
I don't have an account on Fiverr and with my article writing services, not sure I could write enough to earn a full time living.  It takes me a long time to polish up an article to my own high standards as I don't spin articles and only create original material.  Maybe if I were providing some type of instant download then that would work on a site like Fiverr as you only have to source the info product and then send it to your paying customers after they order.

TaylorAnn

• Reputation +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2015, 08:59:26 AM »
I would assume that most of them aren't getting the traffic that Fiverr has. I mean I see commercials for it on TV and I honestly think that was pretty amazing. You would never think that you would see a commercial for that. But, most of these sites just don't get the activity like Fiverr so that's why it's so hard.