Username: Password:

Author Topic: Put ads in the paper  (Read 3898 times)

Bremaine

• Reputation +2/-0
    • View Profile
Put ads in the paper
« on: June 21, 2011, 03:49:10 AM »
I know this isn't an ideal way of getting traffic and sales, but putting ads can help reach the elderly and people who do not use the internet. That is, if you promote a store. But still, I imagine in a big city, ads in newspapers get a lot of looks.
Twitter - @Bremaine

froggy

• Reputation +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Put ads in the paper
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 09:39:37 PM »
This is still a viable idea, I see people posting ads with phone numbers on them all of the time and the little phone number tabs are always ripped off of them.

Have you tried anything lately?

Bremaine

• Reputation +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2011, 02:01:17 AM »
I haven't tried ads in the paper yet, but I'm thinking about doing it. First off, I'm thinking about asking a local business if they need a site (ones that currently do not have one) and I'll help them set it up, etc. Then I'll post an ad pointing to the site.

Does that sound like a good idea?
Twitter - @Bremaine

User2

• Reputation +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2011, 04:19:11 AM »
Go for it, it can't hurt. Plus good advertising can be a major help. You can also make a mobile app for your site. There are a lot of programmers out there who'll make a simple app for a fair price. It's not as hard as many people would think.

remonray

• Reputation +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2012, 04:17:07 AM »
A more plus point for this idea will be adding same ad in most on the newspaper at same day.Because people use different papers according to their choices and if ads in post in every/most of the newspaper that will be viewed by everyone.

TaylorAnn

• Reputation +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2015, 09:03:18 AM »
I have heard about people wanting to do this, but I mean you really have to market something that people would like. I don't think that I would be able to market that way, plus it's not free like the internet is for the most part. So, that's why I just stick with that.