Username: Password:

Author Topic: is myspace dead?  (Read 2800 times)

Bremaine

• Reputation +2/-0
    • View Profile
is myspace dead?
« on: June 22, 2011, 12:59:36 AM »
I've always wondered this since Facebook took over a couple years ago. Do you see myspace ever rebounding? I haven't been on it at all this year and quite possibly last year. It's kind of putting the nail in the coffin when you connect with facebook now. But I guess it's good for music these days, so that's something to look at.
Twitter - @Bremaine

Chobokun

• Reputation +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: is myspace dead?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 06:49:08 PM »
In terms of social networking, yeah it's pretty dead. Now it's all about music and tv and stuff.

I think as soon as they changed their name to my_____ they died, haha.

Cactuar

• Reputation +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2011, 08:01:29 PM »
I agree with Chobo here, it seems as though myspace has "bit the big one", so to speak.

Myspace does offer more content now, but I feel as though it's only because they failed at one aspect, much how like the Borders franchise has become Borders - books and music.

Yazir

• Reputation +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2011, 03:00:54 PM »
Myspace was giant back in days, they didn't keep up with facebook.  Now they are still floating but no where close to Facebook and Twitter likes....

Bad Bieber

• Reputation +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2011, 04:32:38 AM »
MySpace, at least for my area has long since died.  Everyone that had slow internet or just wanted simple social networking fled to Facebook eventually forcing those who loved it too come to FB.  The updates had a lot to do with it as well as the quality was increasingly slack.

chopper24

• Reputation +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2012, 05:30:57 PM »
Yes, it's dead. Monetizing with MySpace is now near impossible, no marketers go on it any more. Facebook is the new trend for marketing, and has a lot more ways for marketers to make money on it.

knockout

• Reputation +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2012, 06:18:21 PM »
I tried MySpace once for a few days in IM when it was the big thing. It was shocking for marketing then, it will be even worse now! There wasn't a large range of userbase, mostly teenagers who don't give about the products your trying to sell.

ShereKhan

• Reputation +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2012, 09:06:39 PM »
I also think Myspace is dead especially fo IM.

btr_wolf

• Reputation +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2012, 01:00:00 AM »
Haha, this brings back memories - I remember when MySpace was THE place to be. I would say it's dead as a social network now, mainly as it tried to do way too much at once - it lacked a uniqueness.

My mate still swears by it for his band, though.

Rhys

• Reputation +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2012, 01:04:47 AM »
MySpace is pretty dead now yes, MySpace did generate a lot of money for the owner back when it was big, the profits from Myspace at the moment are much smaller than what they where and I doubt they will ever revive from this.

gktime

• HIIIII
  • Reputation +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2012, 09:48:12 PM »
Yes, I can see no reason why to use it. I never used it back when it was big, and am glad I didn't because it is basically a "ghost site".

Raderyx

• Reputation +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2012, 08:40:51 AM »
I would say that it is dead. I haven't seen any of my friends using it since...forever. I would bother with it since nobody uses it. I guess Facebook dominated it when I first came out.

TaylorAnn

• Reputation +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2015, 08:31:47 AM »
I think that the site is pretty dead. I mean you don't even hear people talking about it anymore, which is why I'm sure that the owner decided that they would sell it. I mean I think Facebook is pretty much the go to site.