Username: Password:

Author Topic: Using social networking to make money  (Read 4539 times)

Bremaine

• Reputation +2/-0
    • View Profile
Using social networking to make money
« on: June 22, 2011, 01:06:02 AM »
I've never actually tried making money through social networking, but I have advertised my fiverr job on twitter and facebook before. I can't say it helped me earn anything, but I can imagine it helps if you have a lot of friends and followers.

Also, you have to be interesting on twitter and facebook, if you're not, you'll lose followers.
Twitter - @Bremaine

Knux

• Reputation +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Using social networking to make money
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 08:47:14 PM »
Yeah, for twitter to work you have to have TONS of viewers, and for other sites to work you also have to have quite a following. It's really better to get targeted ads such as facebook ads and google ads, as you'll only be charged per click. If you can turn more money per viewer than what it costs to snag them, you'll be rich.

Bremaine

• Reputation +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2011, 01:50:47 AM »
Nice! Sounds good to me. I might try purchasing per click ads when I get a niche site set up. When that happens, I do not know, here's hoping I can make something work. :)

Thanks for the post.
Twitter - @Bremaine

chopper24

• Reputation +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2012, 06:02:29 PM »
I've been making money off of social networking sites like Twitter and Facebook for a while now. It's really good and there's a huge market for almost any product and you can reach out to potentially billions of customers that use the internet.

knockout

• Reputation +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2012, 06:14:38 PM »
I've mainly focused on Facebook over the last few years. I set up fan pages for products linking back to a Blogger site with loads of aff links to the product. I find that 100 likes= $12. Ok conversions I suppose.

btr_wolf

• Reputation +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2012, 01:05:17 AM »
I've mainly focused on Facebook over the last few years. I set up fan pages for products linking back to a Blogger site with loads of aff links to the product. I find that 100 likes= $12. Ok conversions I suppose.

Not bad, if it doesn't take you that long to get 100 likes.

The biggest issue, as with everything, is getting the place started - once my pages are going well, I will look to sell advertising on it, for small prices, to be able to reinvest into my own sites. Apart from this, I can't see you making your millions off of Facebook or Twitter, but you can feel free to correct me. ;)

Rhys

• Reputation +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2012, 12:03:50 AM »
I highly doubt this type of approach will work on Facebook, but it will definitively work on Twitter if you have enough followers.. although I think you will need at least 1-3 thousand genuine followers....

ak.47

• Reputation +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2012, 01:03:22 PM »
It is a very good way of earning.
Best way is to create ads of your products.

gktime

• HIIIII
  • Reputation +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2012, 09:27:40 PM »
I have no idea how to make money via social networks besides advertising your site/services.

And to make direct money from the Twitter and Facebook, I think you have to have a ton of followers.

Raderyx

• Reputation +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2012, 09:22:32 AM »
I read about using social networking to make money, but it really doesn't seem like a liable way to make money. It's pretty complicated in my opinion.

remonray

• Reputation +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2012, 09:11:03 AM »
In past I had made some money through social networking sites by advertising my affiliate link to open groups and "user can post" pages.So,it was quite fruitful for me but now I don't have any good statistics on it.

JoshSmith

• Reputation +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2013, 08:21:26 AM »
Ive been thinking of way on how to make money off social networking and im very glad I read this topic. Thank you guys for all the suggestions you have made!

TaylorAnn

• Reputation +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2015, 08:25:01 AM »
Yes, you want to make sure that you're being interesting because if you aren't then people won't follow you. You want to make sure that you're posting all the time too, like maybe twice a day because people don't want to follow an account that isn't that active.