Username: Password:

Author Topic: Best way of offline marketing  (Read 2584 times)

jack425

• Reputation +0/-0
    • View Profile
Best way of offline marketing
« on: June 27, 2011, 09:43:01 PM »
What are some catchy ways I can get traffic to a site? I was thinking about putting up a massive sign around my town after I created my first niche site. Would that work? Are there other interesting ways that'll help out?

User2

• Reputation +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Best way of offline marketing
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2011, 04:17:52 AM »
Store fronts, major streets, affiliate with businesses and such.

I like using store fronts, simply ask the manager if you can post a sign around their shop for a price or offer. Maybe put their site on your site or location on your site. Simple things like that can be of some help.

Morkel

• Reputation +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2012, 09:15:16 AM »
Marketing through offline is called as offline marketing. Marketing means sell of products to the customers by someone which is very important for the business.Offline marketing has three benefits.
1.   Proven history
2.   Tangible
3.   Trust factor

btr_wolf

• Reputation +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2012, 01:17:55 AM »
Local shops can prove key here! You're unlikely to get an advert into a major shop, but if you can get a number of adverts into a few smaller shops, the repetitive impact of even a small business card can actually drive some traffic your way. Niches are also important to consider - if anyone has any other tips though, I'd love to hear them!

gktime

• HIIIII
  • Reputation +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2012, 04:58:56 PM »
Word of mouth! Tell a bunch of people who you meet about the site, especially your friends, and I'm sure someone well bring traffic to your site!

Raderyx

• Reputation +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2012, 06:59:04 AM »
But not every one of your friends will be interested. I never did it because I doubt any one of my friends will be interested in my website.

gktime

• HIIIII
  • Reputation +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2012, 07:43:36 PM »
Yeah, but I am sure you would find one friend, who than finds another, who finds another...

don't know any somewhat effective methods of offline marketing besides word of mouth.

Raderyx

• Reputation +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2012, 07:32:39 PM »
I've tried that, but it really isn't that effective. You might get 100 users to sign up max. But it's still not a reliable way imo.

remonray

• Reputation +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2012, 04:13:39 AM »
Talking about offline marketing I have seen some different ways like hostgator(the hosting company) has made a t-shirt with its name on it.So,I also think this can be really helpfull to advertise offline.
Make some 100pieces of tshirt and distribute to active website members all around the globe/region if it is regional based.